- SmartDataCenter 6.0 is the latest data center cloud operating system and orchestration software delivering up to 70% hardware utilization compared to 6% for “other” virtualization platforms.
- SmartDataCenter enables operators to deploy public, private and hybrid clouds without compromising the quality of service or jeopardizing service level agreements.
- Joyent SmartDataCenter also supports integrated Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) virtualization for Windows* and Linux*-based operating systems.
- A smarter Virtual Machine with built-in operating system virtualization that automatically manages underutilized system resources to maximize your application performance
- Standard UNIX security features and triple-A controls, including ZFS file system, live image updates and library of 600 PKGSRC certified apps
- Supported Operating Systems: CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD, Joyent SmartOS, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows Server
- Supported Servers: Apache, Glassfish, Nginx, Tomcat and more
- Supported Databases: Cassandra, CouchDB, Hadeeop, HBase, Hypertable, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, Percona, PostgreSQL, Riak, SQL-lite and more
- Customizable Appliances: Zeus Load Balancers, Riak NOSQL, GuardTime SmartMachines
Node.js – Asynchronous, non-blocking, event-driven Java-script server side language
- Node.js allows programmers to code front-end, client-side and back-end apps in the same language and drastically improve time to market for emerging web and mobile applications.
- This model is in contrast to today’s more common concurrency programming model, where operating system threads are employed to handle multiple requests at a time and I/O is synchronous. Node.js shows much better memory efficiency under high loads than systems that allocate threads to manage multiple states at once. It is common for systems to allocate 2 MB or more of memory per thread. So, resources are consumed quickly in situations of high load. Node.js eliminates the growth in overhead due to concurrency. Furthermore, users of Node.js are free from worries of dead-locking the process. Almost no function in Node.js directly performs I/O. So, the process never blocks. In the absence of blocking calls, novice programmers are able to develop fast systems.
- Node.js is currently being used as a core enabling technology in a number of important projects, including HP webOS 2.0 as a foundational element of Leo Apotheker’s recently announced cloud strategies.
Joyent SmartStart Services
- Training Services: instructor-led, hands-on training for business and technical users
- Installation Services: system and software installation and configuration
- Implementation and Integration Services: software set-up and core integration activities
- Operational Services: knowledge transfer and dedicated assistance with the operating and maintenance of a Joyent SDC cloud service
- Technical Support: direct product support for Joyent SDC, and “second-line” support for customer’s cloud service
News & Events
- Joyent’s Cloud Infrastructure Consistently Outperforms Amazon’s EC2 in Independent Benchmarks (February 18, 2011)
- Joyent Enhances Its Leading Cloud Services Platform, JoyentCloud, with Addition of Free On-Demand Application Management (February 4, 2011)
- Joyent Positioned in the Visionaries Quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Cloud IAAS and Web Hosting (January 3, 2011)
- Joyent Delivers Cloud Solutions for Casual and Social Game Developers (December 7, 2010)
- Joyent Offers SmartDataCenter Cloud Software Solution to Service Providers in Partnership with Dell (November 20, 2010)
- Joyent and m2mi to Provide Network Automation and M2M Services (February 9, 2011)
- GigaOM – 5 Cloud Software Vendors Dell Should Buy (January 28, 2011)
- Data Knowledge Center – Cloud News: Gartner, Brocade, Joyent, Amazon (January 26, 2011)
- CTO Edge – Joyent Enhances Cloud Operating System (January 21, 2011)
- Joyent Releases Reference Architecture for Intel® Cloud Builders (October 27, 2010)